Marine Strip is a powerful water-soluble paint and anti-fouling stripper designed for marine uses which can remove up to 8 coats in just one application. It is perfect for use on boat gelcoats as it’s gel consistency means no drips, even on vertical surfaces. It is safe to use on virtually any surfaces including wood, plastic, metal and GRP and it makes stripping even intricate detailing a doddle!
As it’s water-soluble, Marine Strip can simply be rinsed away with water using a pressure washer and it has an active working time of up to 12 hours meaning it doesn’t require constant supervision and immediate removal as some products do. It is VOC free and non flammable, so Marine Strip is safe to use in poorly ventilated or confined areas. Marine Strip is not effective on 2 component, baked-on paints or polyurethane paint and varnish. Marine Strip is a must-have for all boat owners, a powerful but easy to use paint stripper for almost any surface on your boat.
Ideal Uses for Marine Paint Stripper
- Reviving the gelcoat on your boat
- Stripping peeling paint or varnish from handrails
- Removing wood stain from boat decks
- Stripping old paint from metal fixtures
Solvent Free Paint Remover, Paint Stripper Safe For All Surfaces.
Solvent free paint remover, paint stripper – strips up to 8 coats at one application removing paint, wax and varnish
- Simple water rinse off.
- Easy to apply gel consistency doers not run – ideal for vertical surfaces
- Does not dry – long active working time (up to 12 hours)
- Removes up to 8 coats of paint, varnish, stains and most anti-fouling paints
- Strips ornate or intricate surfaces fast and easy
- Does not contain solvent or paraffin – non flammable.
- Strips waxes, varnish, paint and most antifouling paints.
- Coating becomes soluble with water (rinse with water).
- Strips up to 8 coats of paint in 1 application.
- Easy to apply, even on the most difficult or intricate surfaces
- Does not evaporate – will not dry.
- Softens the paint layers without supervision.
Where to use
- Use on wood (Except Oak, Chestnut, Parquet and Veneer), metals (except Aluminum), plastic, stone, cement …
- Ideal for difficult to strip surfaces such as ornate, horizontal and vertical – doors, gates, stone etc.
- Recommended for stripping large areas – non-flammable, does not dry out, remains active a long time.
- Does not attack plastics, rubber, synthetic coating or fibreglass gel coats (GRP boats etc).
Recommendations for use
- Always test a small area first.
- Wear protective gloves – rubber, nitrile. Use nylon/synthetic brushes.
- Working time for stripping the finish varies from minutes to hours depending on the type of finish being removed (oil-based or water-based) and number of coats. Check the stripping action from time to time to establish when full removal of the finish(s) can be performed.
- Always neutralise surface with Net-trol (diluted 4:1) after stripping.
Directions for use
- Apply a thick layer of Dilunett/Marine Strip to surface to be stripped.
- Allow to stand.
- If the Dilunett paint remover starts to dry, apply a fine mist of water to keep active.
- Scrub surface with stiff nylon brush and rinse with water using the highest pressure source available or use a pressure washer (max. 60 bar / 870 psi & not too close to the wood).
- Using hot water makes stripping the paint easier.
- After stripping wood, always neutralise with Net-trol, diluted 4:1 with water immediately after rinsing the Dilunett.
- Refer to packaging for full instructions.
Coverage : 4 m²/l
Application tools : Brush - Stiff bristle
Application temperature : 5°C to +35°C
Working time : 5 min. to 12 h.
Clean-up : Water