International Gelshield 200 is a quick drying and easy to apply epoxy primer, that protects GRP against osmosis. You can use it down to just 5°C and as it’s fast drying, you can apply multiple coats in one day.
- Provides protection against osmosis in five coats (250 µm).
- It’s fast dry times means you can apply multiple coats in one day
- Very easy to apply and can be used down to 5°C
- Touch dry in 2 hours at 15 degrees celsius.
- Overcoat in 5 hours at 15 degrees celsius.
Where to use
Hulls: Above or below waterline
Compatibility/Substrates : GRP Gelcoats & cured laminate . It should not be used over any one pack products.
- BARE GRP: Wash down with Super Cleaner, rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Sand with 180 grade (grit) paper.
- PREVIOUSLY ANTIFOULED SURFACE: Remove using Interstrip. Wash down with Super Cleaner, rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Sand with 180 grade (grit) paper.
- EXPOSED LAMINATE : Use Gelshield Plus - Gelshield Plus is a high build epoxy primer best suited for bare laminate
- Method: Brush or Roller
- Number of coats : Minimum 5
- Coverage : 8.1 m²/L
Thinners & Cleaners
International Thinners No 7