Full length 4/3mm hiking pant with fixed battens in the back of the upper leg, which allow for a good connection with the boat. The fixed hiking battens feature a 500D PVC outer layer for extra grip and durability with Duratex II™ at the seat part and knees/shin for extra protection and resilience required for top level performance. The knees/shin also feature additional padding for added protection against knocks around the boat. The pre-bend in the knee/leg supports hiking positions, and there is a soft elastic binding at the ankle to fit comfortably into the hiking boot. The hikers have been developed with different materials throughout the panels to create comfort and hiking performance.
NOTE ON FIT: These hikers are designed to feel really tight when you first put them on so that they will support the pads securely. They will give a bit once wet. We have also updated the fit at the waist by lowering it slightly and adding more shaping to the front panel as well as improving the stretch along the top of the waistband, all to improve comfort.
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Scooped waist and racer back design
- Material differentiation throughout to aid in hiking performance
- High stretch elastic binding at waist
- Raw edge smooth finish at ankles for comfort with boots
- Fixed Glass-fibre battens with 500D PVC cover at back of legs
- Super stretch behind knees for comfort when sailing downwind
- Duratex II™ wear resistant knees with additional 5mm padding
- Duratex II™ seat panel
- Suitable for use with Race Armour™ Lite Shorts
|80kg||M-4||M-4||M-4||M-4||S-M 3-4||S-M 3-4||S-M 3-4|
|90kg||-||M-4||M-4||M-4||M-4||M-L 4-5||M-L 4-5|
The above chart is a guide to the size of hiking shorts that you will need for your particular
build, where there is a choice between two sizes it is better to opt for the smaller size as
these will give less movement between you and the boat.
For the shorter, heavier sailors (you know who you are) the three quarter length shorts may
not be suitable unless your legs are particularly long in relation to your height!