200 Skipper's Tips
SLG0488Regular price €14.50
Dip into any of the 200 tips in this handy book to make yourself a better yachtsman. They are the very best of the Skipper’s Tips from the pages of Yachting Monthly magazine and from the pen of Tom Cunliffe.
Discover practical skills that you won’t find anywhere else. Each tip is illustrated and there’s something for everyone – from complete beginner to ocean navigator.
Skipper’s Tips is a treasure trove of nautical know-how, covering everything from seamanship and life on board to navigation and safety, with lots more in between.
Part Number: SLG0488
Publisher: Fernhurst Books
Author: Tom Cunliffe
777 Sardinia and Corsica
PIL1455Regular price €54.95
777 Sardinia and Corsica includes in one single publication everything needed to sail along the coasts of Sardinia and Corsica.
Six years after the first printing, we are now publishing the second edition, which has been completely updated.
On the charts we have added a latititude and longitude grid, so that each page has become a real aid to navigation, to be used alongside your own preferred method of navigation.
The map of the shore has been augmented and improved by the addition of streets, houses, and height contours, which help to show how clouds develop in response to local geography.
For the first time in a pilot book, we have included an innovative and important addition: this is the unique telephone number that you may use to book a mooring and receive information about the port.
Many new bays, data, and pictures of bays and ports have been included.
As usual, we have paid special attention to the anchorages and minor ports, which are the most interesting places for the cruising yachtsman.
We have incorporated many historical, cultural, and natural history details to allow a better understanding of the sailing areas. Meteorological and oceanographic reports, sailing rules, and the limitations and restrictions of the protected marine areas make this a comprehensive pilot for sailors in the Mediterranean.
Part Number: PIL1455
Publisher: Edizioni Magnamare
A History of Sailing in 100 Objects
HIS5207Regular price €23.95
Did you ever wonder which civilisation first took to water in small craft? Who worked out how to measure distance or plot a course at sea? Or why the humble lemon rose to such prominence in the diets of sailors?
Taking one hundred objects that have been pivotal in the development of sailing and sailing boats, the book provides a fascinating insight into the history of sailing. From the earliest small boats, through magnificent Viking warships, to the technology that powers some of the most sophisticated modern yachts, the book also covers key developments such as keeps and navigational aids such as the astrolabe, sextant and compass.
Other more apparently esoteric objects from all around the world are also included, including the importance of citrus fruit in the prevention of scurvy, scrimshaw made from whalebone and the meaning of sailor's tattoos.
Beautifully illustrated with lively and insightful text, it's a perfect gift for the real or armchair sailor, the book gives an alternative insight into how and why we sail the way we do today.
Part Number: HIS5207
Author: Barry Pickthall
Adlard Coles Book of Knots
KNO0165Regular price €15.95
An essential guide to all who wish to be able to understand knots, their uses, and how to tie them. Clearly written and illustrated, this book is a perfect accompaniment to RYA courses and for the beginner and experienced hand alike. PB 96pp
Part Number: KNO0165
Author: Peter Owen
Admiralty Folio SC5610 Firth of Clyde - Mull of Kyntyre to the River Clyde
9780707781303Regular price €69.95
Admiralty Folio SC5610
Leisure Folio The Firth of Clyde Charts 1-15 1st Edition
- 5610.1 - Loch Goil and Loch Long
- 5610.2 - Southern Approaches to Loch Long and Approaches to Holy Loch
- 5610.3 - Cartsdyke to Helensburgh
- 5610.4 - River Clyde
- 5610.5 - Inverkip to Rothesay
- 5610.6 - Plans in the Kyles of Bute
- 5610.7 - Rothesay to Largs
- 5610.8 - Kyles of Bute
- 5610.9 - Millport to Farland Head and Garroch Head
- 5610.10 - Loch Fyne
- 5610.11 - Tarbert to Ardrossan
- 5610.12 - Plans on the Mull of Kintyre
- 5610.13 - Ardrossan to Pladda
- 5610.14 - Kildonald Point to Ailsa Craig
- 5610.15 - Pladda to Ailsa Craig and Ayr to Girvan
- 5610.16 - Ailsa Craig to Loch Ryan
- 5610.17 - North Channel and Approaches
- 5610.18 - Loch Ryan
- 5610.19 - Firth of Clyde
Admiralty Folio SC5612 Northern Ireland
9780707781136Regular price €69.95
Admiralty Folio 5612
Northern Ireland: Carlingford Lough to Lough Foyle
- 5612.1 - South Approaches to Northern Channel
- 5612.2 - Western Approaches to North Channel
- 5612.3- Carlingford Lough to Ardglass
- 5612.4- Ardglass to Donaghadee
- 5612.5 - Strangford Lough Entrance
- 5612.6- Strangford Narrows Southern Part
- 5612.7- Strangford Narrows Northern Part
- 5612.9- Strangford Lough
- 5612.10-Portavogie to Ballywealter
- 5612.11- Portavogie
- 5612.12 - Approaches to Donaghadee Sound
- 5612.13- Donaghadee Sound
- 5612.14- Mull of Galloway to Craig Laggan
- 5612.15 - Portpatrick
- 5612.16 - Belfast Lough Entrance
- 5612.17 - Bangor
- 5612.18 - Carrickfergus Marina
- 5612.19- Approaches to Belfast
- 5612.20 - Belfast
- 5612.21 - Larne Lough to Cushendun Bay
- 5612.22 - Glenarm Marina
- 5612.23 - Larne Lough Northern Part
- 5612.24- Larne Lough Southern Part
- 5612.25 - Northern Channel Entrance
- 5612.26 - Ballycastle to River Bann inc. Rathlin Island
- 5612.27 - River Bann to Coleraine
- 5612.28 - Rathlin Harbour
- 5612.29 - Ballycastle
- 5612.30 - Portrush to Culdaff inc. entrance to Lough Foyle
- 5612.31 - Rathlin Sound
- 5612.32 - Approaches to Portrush
- 5612.33 - Portrush
- 5612.34 - Lough Foyle Entrance
- 5612.35 - Continuation to Moville
- 5612.36 - Lough Foyle
- 5612.37 - Culmore Point to Ballynagard
- 5612.38 - Ballynagard to Londonderry
- 5612.39 - North Channel and Irish Sea (Western Part)
Admiralty Folio SC5613 Irish Sea - Eastern Part
9780707781068Regular price €69.95
Admiralty Folio 5613
SC5613 - Irish Sea - Eastern Part
- 5613.1 - Great Ormes Head to Haverigg Point
- 5613.2 - Saint Bees Head to Mull of Galloway
- 5613.3 - Liverpool Bay
- 5613.4 - Approach to Liverpool
- 5613.5 - River Mersey - Gladstone Dock to Brunswick Dock
- 5613.6 - River Mersey - Brunswick Dock to Queen Elizabeth II Dock
- 5613.8 - River Ribble and Silloth
- 5613.9 - Lytham Saint Annes to Fleetwood including South Morecambe Gas Field
- 5613.10 - Irish Sea - Eastern Part
- 5613.11 - Approaches to Fleetwood
- 5613.12 - Approaches to Glasson and Heysham
- 5613.13 - Barrow Harbour - South East Point to Long Rein Point
- 5613.14 - Barrow-in-Furness to Seascale
- 5613.15 - Saint Bees Head to Abbey Head
- 5613.16 - Harbours on the Cumbrian Coast
- 5613.17 - Workington to Isle of Whithorn
- 5613.18 - Kircudbright Bay
- 5613.19 - Wigtown Bay to Luce Bay
- 5613.20 - Isle of Man - West Coast
- 5613.21 - Isle of Man - East Coast
- 5613.22 - Ports and Harbours in Isle of Man
- 5613.23 - Anglesey to Ailsa Craig
Admiralty Folio SC5622 Ireland - South Coast Waterford Harbour to Kinsale
9780707781204Regular price €69.95
Admiralty Folio 5622
SC5622 - Ireland - South Coast
- 5622.1 - Tuskar Rock to The Bull
- 5622.2 - Waterford Harbour to Ballycotton Bay
- 5622.3 - Entrance to Waterford Harbour
- 5622.4 - Passage East to Beacon Quay and Pink Point
- 5622.5 - Dungarvan Harbour
- 5622.6 - Youghal
- 5622.7 - Ballycotton Bay to Glandore Bay
- 5622.8 - The Sound and Ringabella Bay
- 5622.9 - Outer Approaches to Cork Harbour
- 5622.10 - The Sound to Spike Island
- 5622.11 - Cobh Road and West Passage
- 5622.12 - Upper Harbour - West
- 5622.13 - Upper Harbour East
- 5622.14 - Morris Head to Old Head of Kinsale
- 5622.15 - Oyster Haven
- 5622.16 - Kinsale
Adriatic Pilot 8th Edition
9781786790217Regular price €55.00
Covers Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, East Coast of Italy and Albania
Full revised sixth edition
First published in 1986 and now in its Eight edition, Trevor and Dinah Thompson’s guide to the Adriatic coasts of Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Albania has again been brought up to date.
8th Edition 2020
For this edition most of the plans of harbours on the east coast of Italy have been replaced.
ISBN No:978 178679 0217
A4, Hard back, 540 pages.
Ardnamurchan to Cape Wrath Cruising Guide 2nd Edition
9781846238673Regular price €43.95
The last of the Clyde Cruising Club's Sailing Directions to be published under the Imray imprint.
Whilst the familiar CCC format has been left unchanged, this major new edition incorporates material from Martin Lawrence's Yachtsman's Pilot series. With redrawn plans, new ground level and aerial photographs, and a completely updated text this new edition offers the best pilotage that is available for the west of the Kintyre peninsula, Islay, Jura, Mull, the Small Isles, and adjacent coasts north to Fort William and Ardnamurchan.
Colour photos and charts/plans.
Part Number: PIL0350
Publisher: Imray Laurie Norie And Wilson Ltd
Author: Clyde Cruising Club