New McWilliams Travel Savvy Holdall Bags.
Packed with half a century’s worth of craft and experience, your McWilliam Bag is an old friend from the word go.
Holds all you want. Holds all you need.
Everything about the McWilliam Holdall is practical. Hand made from abrasion-resistant, durable fabric, your McWilliam Holdall fits a surprising amount of your belongings and, even when full, can be squeezed into tight storage spaces.
We’ve been hand-making McWilliam Bags in our loft near Crosshaven Co. Cork, since 1971. Many of those bags are still in use after 30 years because after a while, a McWilliam bag isn’t luggage – it’s a companion.
Key Features of the Charcoal Holdall
- Large main compartment with end pocket for smaller items
- Water resistant materials keep your belongings dry.
- Industrial strength zips with corrosion proof slider just keeps on going.
- Double stitched, reinforced handles for support and durability
- Sewn McWilliam Sailmakers Logo – with pride!
- Easy to fold for compact storing when not in use
The McWilliam Charcoal Holdall – Grab it, pack it and stow it and your gear is home and dry.
General Sizing Information
We are frequently asked “what size bag should I get!?” Below we give a few examples of what each size is generally used for. The capacity and dimensions of each bag are also listed in the table below.
- Small [S]: We recommend the small size as a handy day bag or gym bag. Handy for going to the pool or the kids going to school. Ideal for 6-11 year olds also.
- Medium [M]: The medium is by far the most popular size of McWilliam Bag. Ideally sized for day to day use and airplane carry on luggage; you will wonder how you ever managed without one. Ideal for 11+ years old and teenages/secondary school students.
- Large [L]: If you need a bit of extra space for all your sports gear, or if you’re aren’t fond of taveling light, then the large size is for you. We have traveled all over the world sailing with a large bag as our trusty carry on luggage partner. If they ask, simply squish it to fit!
Carry On Luggage Advice
We use Large and Medium Bags as carry on luggage all the time. The medium is within airline dimensions. The large is slightly bigger but we have never been questioned in all our years of flying. No one questions style and good taste after all!
Capacity & Dimensions
The below dimensions are approximate. As each of our bags is hand made there will be a small variation from the stated sizes.
|Size (cm) L x W x H||52 x 24 x 25||60 x 28 x 24||68.5 x 28 x 24|
|Weight (Kg)||< 1 kg||< 1 kg||< 1 kg|